Board and committee appointment process
We have a number of boards and committees. The process for appointing members to these boards and committees is governed by a global appointments model, overseen by the Nominations Committee.
In general, the appointments process followed is that:
- Vacancies are advertised.
- An Appointments Panel will sift all the applications received against the required criteria.
- Candidates may be interviewed, either face to face or via video-link/ telephone, to assess how they meet the skills requirement for the role.
- Some roles will be filled by selection and some will go forward for election.
The following general principles apply:
- Merit – the choice of individual should be based on skills, experience and qualities required for the board to operate effectively.
- Equality and diversity – encouraging a wide range of high calibre applicants in the spirit of the RICS Corporate Responsibility goals around inclusion.
- Probity – those involved in making appointments should act with integrity.
- Transparency – the appointments process should be fair and accessible to all suitable candidates.
- Focus on outcome – the quality of skills on boards rather than process 'overkill'.
Contact us about boards and committees
If you have any questions on appointment processes, or current vacancies, please email our governance team.
Email us now